Oncology Clinical Trials Information Commons
New shared infrastructure will make it possible for cancer patients to know their clinical trial options
Oncology Clinical Trial Information Commons (OCTIC) is a shared platform where information about clinical trials can be stored and accessed for patient matching and other data mining.
- include patient selection criteria, trial locations, and patient participation requirements, all in a consistent, machine-readable format.
- employ a single set of terms and patient-selection rules.
- provide a user-friendly interface for biopharma companies to readily enter and update their trials.
- allow clinical trial sponsors and investigators to mark certain selection parameters for private disclosure, available for patient-matching but not to be publicly viewed.
- ensure appropriate access and use of the clinical trial information through established governance rules and mechanisms.
To date, 9 organizations have joined OCTIC to make clinical trial information available, paving the way for improved trial matching technology and services.
The Biden Cancer Initiative will work closely with the OCTIC members to help enable its success by facilitating meetings and partnerships, fostering pilot programs, and helping communicate progress.
Any interested parties, please contact us at [email protected]