We cannot make real strides to reach the Biden Cancer Initiative goal of making a decade of progress in five years in cancer prevention, detection, treatment and care and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes, if any American is unable to afford the care they desperately need.
Video: Access, cost, and the value of cancer care
We developed video modules featuring expert interviews from different perspectives on the issue of cost of cancer care. The goal of this module was to spur conversation at Biden Cancer Community Summits on how to address the real challenges of cost of cancer care for patients across the United States.
Featured Experts (Interviewed September 2018):
- Andy Slavitt, Former Acting Administrator of The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Board Member, United States of Care
- Peter Bach, M.D., MAPP, Director, Center for Health Policy and Outcomes, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Elizabeth Barrett, CEO, Novartis Oncology
- Tanisha Carino, Executive Director, FasterCures, A Center of the Milken Institute
- Clara Lambert, Office Coordinator, Munson Medical Center
- Robert Goldberg, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Vice President, Center for Medicine in the Public Interest
- David Mitchell, President and Founder, Patients For Affordable Drugs